Let’s Celebrate Co-op Week: October 11th to 17th
Co-operatives are based on the values of self-help, self- responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. Co-operative members believe in the values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
There are seven international co-operative principles by which Co-op’s follow.
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Co-operation among Co-operatives
- Concern for Community
A Co-op can provide goods to its members – like a food store, or farm equipment supply store. A co-op can provide a service to its members – like a co-operative health centre, or a childcare co-op.
We are proud to be a Co-operative that serves a common goal or purpose which is
“Caring for our Community”