INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Respiratory Therapist Job Posting # 2018-25
LOCATION: Prince Albert Co-operative Health Centre
STATUS: Full-time Permanent
PAY GRADE: As per CUPE Local 3963 – In Scope
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK: Monday – Friday; average 37.5 hours (1 EDO every 3 weeks) with alternate work arrangements.
PROBABLE DATE OF COMMENCEMENT: As Soon As Possible
The position will conduct respiratory diagnostics including full pulmonary functioning tests, spirometry screening, oxygen assessment, bronchial secretion management, counselling for tobacco cessation, pulmonary rehabilitation and general respiratory therapy. The position will provide clinical support and self-management education to people with respiratory disease.
• Graduate of an approved Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current registration as a member in good standing with the SCRT and CSRT.
• Certification as a Certified Respiratory Educator with the Canadian Network for Respiratory Care.
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience related to the clinical area.
• Minimum of one (1) year pulmonary function lab experience is preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in patient education including group facilitation.
• Current CPR-C and First Aid.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrates the ability to be highly independent, motivated and energetic in a multiple disciplinary setting.
• Demonstrates ability to develop educational programs and resources
•Demonstrates ability in teaching, facilitation, and group activities.
• Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates ability to integrate clinical knowledge and experience into activities to enhance clinical practice.
• Demonstrates commitment to continuing professional development.
POSTING DATE: November 9, 2018
APPLY TO: Marcie Garinger, Director of Client Services
Phone: 306-953-6239 Fax: 306-922-0977
Please respond by email, fax or post or in person.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
“The Co-operative Health Centre is an Employment Equity Employer”
A Criminal Record Check will be required prior to being offered a position with the
Co-operative Health Centre.